More and more dentists are using lasers in their practice to complete numerous dental procedures and treatments. Here are a few of the procedures lasers perform and the benefits of laser dentistry.
Dental Procedures Using Lasers
What can lasers do in dentistry? A lot of things, from cosmetic procedures to periodontal treatments.
- Cavity removal and preparation
- Relieves canker and cold sore pain.
- Oral surgery
- Hardens dental fillings
- Reduces the amount of bacteria growing around teeth
- Removes oral tissue
- Teeth whitening
- Seal tubes in the tooth root that cause sensitivity
- Crown lengthening
Benefits Of Laser Dentistry
Though lasers are still fairly new in the dental industry, you can see several benefits to using lasers for dental procedures.
- You may not need as much anesthetic because the use of laser’s can make some treatments painless
- Reduces bleeding and swelling because the smaller blood vessels will clot immediately
- Reduces damage to tissues
- Surgical wounds heal more quickly
- Reduces the risk of bacterial infection to incision areas because lasers sterilize bacteria
- Lasers have more precision in oral surgeries
- Lasers are a good option for those who dislike drills