What are dentures?
Dentures are custom-made dental appliances that are inserted into the mouth to replace lost teeth, providing support for the cheeks and lips. Made from prosthetic teeth attached to a gum- or pink-colored base, dentures may be suggested by our dentist, Dr. Kirk E. Kooker, if you are looking for a less-invasive, more affordable tooth replacement option.
What types of dentures are there?
We are able to offer multiple types of dentures in Plano, Texas, based on your individual needs:
- Dentures, also called complete dentures or conventional dentures, are designed and created to replace all of the teeth in your smile. They can only be worn after the gums and soft tissues have healed.
- Immediate dentures are made in the same day that teeth are extracted and can be worn that same day. The soft tissues are allowed to heal under the denture.
- An upper denture replaces your upper dental arch and covers the roof of your mouth.
- A lower denture is shaped like a horseshoe to leave room for your tongue and replaces all of the teeth in your lower dental arch.
- Partial dentures are used when some natural teeth still remain in your smile.
We understand the impact of losing a tooth, and we are pleased to offer dentures to help improve your self-confidence and oral health. We invite you to schedule your consultation for dentures today to learn more.